I’m very flattered to have been nominated by 5 fellow bloggers for a Liebster Blog Award. The award is a way for up-and-coming bloggers to give each other nods of encouragement and support and it’s great for discovering new and upcoming blogs!
1. Share 11 random facts about yourself
2. Answer the 11 questions from the person who nominated you
3. Nominate 11 new bloggers and ask them 11 questions
Thanks to Ways of Wanders, The Friendly Giraffe, The Travel Tester, My destination, the world and Wanderlust Marriage for nominating us, and, in the spirit of following the rules and spreading the blog love (and of course because ‘liebster’ is a German word), here is my follow-up post!
11 random facts about me:
11 Questions I was asked:
I always try to learn at least the basics. In some countries that is quite easy, but when we went to China a few years ago people really struggled to understand us despite our best efforts. All we wanted to do was to order two Xin Tao beers. We learned how to say the word two and – well Xin Tao. Despite repeating our order at least 5 times and trying to variate the tones slightly the bartender never understood what we meant. The only way to solve it was for us to sign, so we put up two fingers and pointed to the bottle behind him. Ahhh, you want two Xin Tao? That’s what we said!!!
Snorkeling in shark infested waters in the Galapagos Islands. Luckily I never saw one.
Being German and having practically grown up at beer festivals I favour German beers of course. My favourite brand is Krombacher, which is brewed in my home county.
I have a DSLR for day tours (Canon EOS 1100d) and when I go out at night I always take my very old, but trusted point and shoot with me (Canon Ixus 60).
Long live Sauerkraut
In Italy on my own vineyard, drinking homemade wine and eating cheese all day long.
My salt dispenser containing a salt and herb mix. Sad I know, but I can’t stand food that isn’t seasoned properly.
I am German and therefore being organized and efficient is in my blood. I plan everything and create long lists. The sad thing about it is that I really enjoy doing it.
My 11 nominees are:
Bethaney from The Flashpacker Family
Erin from Travel with Bender
Dave and Vicky from A couple travelers
Hannah from Caravan of one
Jeff from Go Travelzing
Stacey from One travels far
Izy from The wrong way home
James from Escaping abroad
Angela from Sparrow in space
Arianwen from Beyond blighty
Mindy & Ligeia from Bounding over our steps
My questions for you are:
- Preferred method of travel?
- Favourite travel song?
- Where is your favourite beach?
- Why did you start your blog?
- Share with us a funny/unique travel photo!
- Most romantic place visited?
- If you could meet up with any historical figure (poet, politician, activist, singer, etc) in their home country, who would you meet, and why?
- When overseas, what measure do you take in order to “blend in”? Do they work?
- What is one job you’ve had that you would never everdo again?
- What is the most embarrassing thing that happened during your travels?
- What were the most exotic diseases you ever contracted during your travels?